China in Foreign Eyes Photography Contest by MTA Network Official Rules
China in Foreign Eyes Photography Contest by MTA Network (“Photo Contest”) is open to everyone currently in China, including foreigners in China and Chinese citizens.
- Images that have won prizes in prior competitions, or have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible.
- The theme of this competition should abide by one of these following topics
- Life in China as an expat (related to Work, Family, Night life, etc)
- China from a foreigner’s view
- Being a foreign student in China
- Intercultural activities performed by foreigners and/or with Chinese
MTA Network is the sole sponsor of this competition. MTA Network is located in Qingdao, Shandong Province.
Contest is subject to all applicable to all local laws. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with WeChat, Facebook, Instagram or any social media app. The information you provide will be used for the purposes of Contest administration.
3. Registration and Submission entries
- China in Foreign Eyes Photography Contest by MTA Network Registration and Submission forms should be submitted between 9th October 2017 and 20th October 2017. Voting period for the best photo will be from 27th October 2017 to 9th November 2017.
- Candidates should register and fill up the form available @ www.mtanetwork.net or request the form and send to “email@example.com”. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Photo Contest.
- All images must be submitted to us by uploading the photos to a Cloud Service provider, and send us the link while filling the Registration and Submission form. Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as with a paragraph about their photo or the highest resolution version of their photo) anytime on or after 9th November 2016.
- You may send an unlimited number of photos. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
- Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the images will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping will be allowed.
- Adjustments of color or conversion to grayscale that do not alter content are permitted, with two exceptions:
- Changes in color may not result in significant changes in hue, to such an extent that the processed colors diverge from the original colors.
- Changes in density, contrast, color and/or saturation levels that alter content by obscuring or eliminating backgrounds, and/or objects or people in the background of the picture, are not permitted.
- Must be uploaded in .jpeg/.jpg format
- Should be saved with a medium to high quality.
- The organizer reserves the right to reject images with incomplete details.
- All submitted images are non-returnable. Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before publish for voting. MTA Network reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at our its discretion.
- Participants are entirely responsible for all entry-related costs.
- All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However, there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photographs of pets or domestic animals.
- Images of captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
- Images taken more than 3 to 6 months prior to the beginning date of the Contest.
4. Copyright / Intellectual Property
- Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- The participant shall retain copyright to the image entered for the competition.
- MTA Network respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant MTA Network worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to the theme.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos through votes accumulated through the social media platforms WeChat, Facebook and Instagram. The results and the winners will be announced through social media.
- The decision of MTA Network’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- The judging panel reserves the right not to award the prizes if the images submitted do not meet the requirements stated in this document.
- If by anyhow the voting have been altered, or voting through paid bots, the participant will be penalized and will be dismissed from the competition.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge MTA Network and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against MTA Network in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of MTA Network, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless MTA Network from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will MTA Network be liable for any:
- lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
- error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
- problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or
- injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- First Prize: Drone with Camera + VR Glass
- Runner up: Portable Projector
- 3rd Prize:Gift Voucher (Either Walmart or Carrefour)
- All participants shall be subjected to a 5% discount on any service by MTA Network.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
© MTA Network 2017