We are a small, UK-owned media and design company, and our base in Qingdao focuses on the publishing of a city magazine (as well as an annual education guide). Our magazine is a 12,000 circulation, 64-page English-language magazine that finds and delivers the best of Qingdao to our mostly non-Chinese readership.
As part of the team, you will have a large amount of responsibility from day one, and in many cases you may be the only person working on a task. In practice, this means that you will have considerable independence in your work; and that your opinions
will always be listened to.
We are a very creative and dynamic company. Our hours are flexible and our work is done to a high standard, but is enjoyable. We find interesting places and work with a huge variety of interesting people, in the constantly changing China. If you’re enthusiastic and dedicated, and want responsibility, creativity and space to grow, then this job is for you.
- Planning fun, interesting and manageable events with the aim of increasing our brand visibility and city networks
- Constant communication with sales and editorial team, to integrate our events with
- What’s being published and the clients we work with
- Working with/on our digital and social media outlets to promote events
- Approaching current and potential event clients with ideas that are mutually beneficial to us and the client (e.g. on seeing a new bar that looks fun/lots of people go to, the ideal candidate would immediately start thinking of ways we can cooperate with the bar, such as holding a music night there, to expand our network and also help the bar reach new audiences.)
- Excellent English is essential, Mandarin strongly desirable
- Genuine enthusiasm for restaurants and nightlife
- Intuitive sense for what makes a great event, and what different audiences are after
- Publicity and marketing know-how
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work to deadlines (which may mean longer hours as an event approaches)
- Attention to detail and ability to think ahead for potential problems, hitches
- Quick adaptability to changes in event requirements and circumstances
- Excellent attention to detail and critical skills (i.e. being able to spot when an article is not useful, or formatted incorrectly)
|Job Category||Event Planning, Media|