We are a small, UK-owned media and design company, and our base in Qingdao focuses on the publishing of a city magazine (as well as an annual education guide). Our magazine is a 12,000 circulation, 64-page English-language magazine that finds and delivers the best of Qingdao to our mostly non-Chinese readership.
As part of the team, you will have a large amount of responsibility from day one, and in many cases you may be the only person working on a task. In practice, this means that you will have considerable independence in your work; and that your opinions will always be listened to.
We are a very creative and dynamic company. Our hours are flexible and our work is done to a high standard, but is enjoyable. We find interesting places and work with a huge variety of interesting people, in the constantly changing China. If you’re enthusiastic and dedicated, and want responsibility, creativity and space to grow, then this job is for you.
- Finding and confidently contacting potential advertising and event clients
- Writing up advertising proposals, and editing them as per client specifications
- Meeting clients and working closely with them to make sure our magazine serves their needs
- Communicating and working closely with head sales rep
- Fluent Mandarin preferable, some Chinese essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Results-driven mindset
- Genuine enthusiasm for and interest in bars, restaurants and nightlife
- IMPORTANT: Sales reps are required to hit a monthly target of sales revenue. This is open to negotiation, but it is not acceptable for a sales rep to garner no sales.
|Job Category||Marketing, Media, Sales|