Situated on the shores of Golden Beach, one of Asia’s most beautiful beaches in the Huangdao district of Qingdao, this seaside hotel is easily accessible, yet tucked away from the hustle and bustle of life. With varied dining options, expansive meeting facilities and accommodation featuring modern amenities, this is the ideal destination for both business and leisure travelers.
This position is concerned with the efficient and professional service of food and beverages, while ensuring guests receive optimum service in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of this hotel.
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
- To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
- To contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational/environmental procedures in the Hotel.
- To actively promote the service and facilities of the hotel to guests and suppliers of the hotel.
- To perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
- Confidently knowing the food and beverage menu contents and be able to explain them in detail to guests.
- Understand dietary requirements and offer appropriate suggestions.
- By completing checklist in product knowledge
- Be able to make suggestions on the menu that might suit guests of different nationalities.
- By knowing menu items of all other outlets to recommend guests to other outlets.
- Confidently knowing opening hours of all restaurants & Hotel outlets.
- Being able to recommend other restaurants & city attractions to Hotel guests.
- By completing checklist on preparing the restaurant for service.
- Greet guests with a smile, offer assistance with coats, bags etc., and introduce yourself.
- Ensure all guests are escorted to a table, asked if they would prefer smoking or non smoking
- Follow up any guest questions or queries immediately and if you don’t know the answer, check with your Manager.
- Ensure all service procedures are carried out to the standards required.
- Make sure all areas are cleaned and maintained in accordance with operating procedure.
- Take personal responsibility for the service experience of all guests in your designated area.
- Smile & wish all guests a nice greeting as they enter & exit the restaurant, even if they are not designated to your section.
- Give guest service the highest priority.
- Display professional behavior at all times.
- Avoid offensive or impolite language.
- Report any accidents/incidents to the Supervisor/Assistant Manager/Manager.
- The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
- To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction
- Open minded and outgoing personality
- Willing to work for long hours
- Positive attitude.
- Good English skills.
|Job Category||Hospitality, Hotel Management|